All the Rabble About the Elections

3:52 PM

(0) Comments

There's so many people saying what I think out there that I feel really superfluous making any post about it myself. All the same, I should try to keep this updated to provide a continuous narrative on the young radical perspective.

There's a lot of drama between the two Democrats, Clinton and Obama. I, and others, find this really unproductive and potentially a really bad thing for the Dems come election time. I'm still putting my money on Obama, but it's the principal of the thing. We need a big change right now, why all the infighting? I think it's despicable and really says to me that this really isn't about change, it's about who gets the prize.

To reiterate on a previous post, I'm really glad to see so many people excited over Obama, the Change Agent, regardless of my not being impressed with his nonplans for this Change. This excitement over Obama's rhetoric I'm hoping means that people are now willing to get involved in mass movements for change, and I'm hoping if Obama wins, that his fans are willing to hold him to his promises and more, rather than waiting for him to wave his magic wand.

All this stuff about Billary drives me nuts. It's not about him. Listening to an older lady on NPR this morning say how she likes Hillary because she was "a lady" about the whole infidelity issue. She "was silent when she should be, and stuck up for her husband when she should". Basically this lady likes Hillary because she didn't dump Bill after that fiasco. Now I don't give a crap about his personal life and I don't think it should ever have had any bearing on his presidency (hello you wanted to impeach him for fellatio and Bush gets nothing?), but I do think she should have kicked him to the curb. I don't think this has anything to do with her potential presidency either, but I do think it says a lot about her possible desire to pander to the family values crowd.

Meanwhile, the majority of folks are getting mixed up in the details of who did what between the Dems, bunches of other people are taking steps back and saying hey, this is a little stupid. Me, I'm taking two steps back and saying I really don't care about any of this, because none of the candidates are people I would trust to make the changes that we really need in this country and in the world. I want to think someone like Obama has the People's interests in mind, but the system just isn't set up to facilitate that. They all have obligations to the ruling class.

Iris Star Chamberlain

0 Responses to "All the Rabble About the Elections"

Post a Comment