Income Tax? Federal Reserve? I don't get it.

11:44 AM

(0) Comments

Let it be known that I have no idea how our system works. I'm completely in the dark, probably along with millions of other americans and self-proclaimed non-adults such as myself.

I haven't finished the documentary, but I'm about half an hour into America : From Freedom to Fascism (mmmmm, heavy-handed title). The basic premise seems to be that there is no law requiring Americans to pay Federal Income Tax, the money of which goes to rich bankers at the Federal Reserve. Or something. He interviews a bunch of people at what looks like Venice Beach, CA, and everyone says "if it weren't required, I wouldn't pay income taxes".

Certainly I agree if my hard earned tax charity is going to feed the rich and powerful and their bottomless bellies, I wouldn't pay it either. But I got the feeling (perhaps misunderstood) that these people weren't privy to that rumor when they answered. I always assumed my taxes went to build roads and pay for homeless shelters and bridges and public transportation. If that's the case, I'd be glad to pay income taxes! Even if it is 30% of what I make...

I wonder if people are unwilling to put money towards the enhancement of public life? I wonder if it's not really going there. Hm.

Iris Star Chamberlain

,

0 Responses to "Income Tax? Federal Reserve? I don't get it."

Post a Comment