Further New Beginnings

6:25 PM

(0) Comments

I'm 24 years old and female with some gender ambiguity. I have a college degree, though I feel most heavily affected by my minor in Sociology. I've lived in five different cities in three states and I attended seven different schools including two high schools and three colleges. I've only been overseas once, to visit a small town in Japan. My parents are both art teachers and musicians. I want to be a musician. My parents were not religious, although my dad tried to teach me Native American traditions and my mom New Age and Astrology traditions. I wasn't interested in politics until I found myself talking philosophy with people twice my age. I wasn't interested in activism until someone told me to boycott Exxon-Mobile. I didn't have any context for 9/11 when it happened. I didn't get really excited about changing the world until I got a sociological perspective.

Iris Star Chamberlain

0 Responses to "Further New Beginnings"

Post a Comment